Free Store Donation Guidelines
The Sophie Moses Free Store offers community members a place to browse a carefully curated stock of new or gently used items, from baby clothes to hygiene products, furniture, shoes, dishware and much more. To make an appointment to browse the Free Store, please call us at 304-233-9627.
The Free Store can be found at the Youth Services System, Inc. Hazel Atlas Building located at 87 15th St. in Wheeling, WV.
Please complete this Donation Form and bring it with you to your donation appointment. One can also be provided to you at the time of your appointment.
General Donation Guidelines
- The Free Store only accepts new or gently used items
- Donations are accepted on Mondays and Wednesdays between 9 am - 3 pm by appointment only (call 304-233-9627 to schedule your donation appointment)
- Please bring extra help if donating large items — staff may not always be available to assist with heavy/large donations
- Your donation is tax deductible
Currently Accepted Items
We are currently accepting donations for the following items ONLY. This list will change often, so check back!
- Children's clothes
- Children's tennis shoes
- Children's underwear and socks (NEW ONLY)
- Women's and teen girls shirts and pants
- Women's underwear (NEW ONLY)
- Women's tennis shoes
- Men's clothing - all sizes
- Men's underwear (NEW ONLY)
- Men's tennis shoes
- Women's deodorant
- School supplies
- Small appliances (toasters, etc.)
*Call Ahead To See If We Are Currently Accepting These Items*
- Washers and dryers
- Portable dish washers
- Kitchen table and chair sets
- Bedroom furniture
- Coffee tables, nightstands, end tables
Interested in volunteering in the Free Store or with YSS events?