- Community Based Services
- Residential Services
Substance Use Prevention Services
Subscribe to Stay Informed
Back to News
Clean Your Medicine Cabinet: DEA’s National Rx Take Back DayPosted 04/13/21
Date: April 24, 2021
Time: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Elm Grove Pharmacy: 102 E. Bethlehem Blvd. Elm Grove, WV
- Kroger: 200 Mount DeChantal Rd. Wheeling, WV (organized by Kroger Pharmacy)
Wheeling, WV — As part of its continuing effort to address prescription drug abuse in Ohio County the Community Impact Coalition partners with the Wheeling Police Department & Ohio County Sheriff’s Office to participate in the DEA sponsored National Prescription Drug Take Back Day. Volunteers along with law enforcement will be on hand on April 24, 2021 from 10 AM -2 PM. The Drug Enforcement Administration gives the public its 20th opportunity in 11 years to prevent pill abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs. (The DEA cannot accept liquids or needles or sharps, only pills or patches.) The service is free and anonymous, no questions asked.
Medicines accumulated in home cabinets are highly susceptible to diversion, misuse, and abuse. Studies show that a majority of abused prescription drugs are obtained from family and friends, including from the home medicine cabinet.
Results: October 2020 19th National Take Back
- Total Law Enforcement Participation: 4,153
- Total Collection Sites: 4,587
- Total Weight Collected: 985,392 lbs. (492.7 Tons)
If you miss the April 24th Rx Take Back, stop by a local permanent Rx Drop Box.
- Wheeling Police Department 24/7.
- Triadelphia Police Department: 8:30am-3:30pm Monday – Friday.
- Bethlehem Police Department: 8:30am-4:00pm Monday – Friday.
Media opportunities: All media representatives are welcomed to attend the event or contact us prior to the event for an interview! Contact Marisa Scott, Project Coordinator, at 304-218-2823 or firstname.lastname@example.org.