Youth Achievement Center
The Youth Achievement Center (YAC) is a Level II Residential Treatment Program for boys ages 12-18 diagnosed with a co-existing disorder, developmental/cognitive disability (IQ Score between 55-70) and mental health condition impacting functioning. Our program is based on a Positive Behavior Support model focusing on nurturing and building skills. Community inclusion is a focus of our work.
- Clinical/psychological evaluations;
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management;
- Individual, family and group counseling;
- Case management;
- Coordination of education with local public school system;
- Tutoring/homework assistance;
- Behavior management;
- Daily living skill training including personal care, social skills &healthy life style;
- Supported employment and vocational exploration;
- Transportation assistance;
- Recreational opportunities;
- Linkage to after-school activities including clubs and organized sports
Location of Services:
54 Indiana Street
Wheeling, WV 26003
YAC is open 24 hours daily, seven days per week, 365 days per year.
- Improved adaptive skills functioning
- Better educational attendance and performance
- Increased employment skills
- Established permanent connections
- Improved interpersonal and social skills
Referrals are received 24 hours daily, seven days/week by Central Referral at 1-800-977-8918 or (304) 233-9627.
Youth Services System, Inc.
P.O. Box 6041
Wheeling, WV 26003-0717