- Community Based Services
- Residential Services
Substance Use Prevention Services
Northern Panhandle Harm Reduction & Recovery Alliance
The Northern Panhandle Harm Reduction & Recovery Alliance serves as a hub for information and referrals to harm reduction and recovery services in Hancock, Brooke, Ohio, Marshall & Wetzel counties. Funding for Region 1 services is provided by a State Opioid Response grant through the WV Office of Behavioral Health, the WV Office of Public Health and WV Office of Drug Control Policy.
What is Harm Reduction?
Harm reduction is a set of practical, public health strategies designed to reduce the negative consequences of drug use and promote healthy individuals and communities. It is non-judgmental, non-stigmatizing engagement of people who use drugs with the sole intent to reduce harm.
What are Examples of Harm Reduction Strategies?
- Collection and safe disposal of used syringes
- Distribution of sterile injection equipment
- HIV/HCV education
- Overdose education and naloxone distribution
- Condom distribution
- Linkage to needed services, e.g. treatment for substance use disorders
- HIV, HCV, STI testing
- Wound care
- Reproductive health services
- Substance use disorder treatment planning