Life Skills and Employment Program
Youth Services System, Inc. offers Life Skills/Employment Programs to male and female youth ages 14-21. Our Life Skills/Employment Programs incorporate the Casey Life Skills Curriculum, an evidence-based program to assess the life skills needs of our youth and to assist them in building skills and planning to achieve long-term goals.
- Casey Life Skills assessments
- Life Skill Instruction focusing on healthy relationships, work and study habits, budgeting, hygiene and utilizing community resources.
- Occupational Skills Training
- Work Program Opportunities
- Community Leadership Initiatives
- Employment Skills Training including job search, application completion, resume development, interview skills and employment mentoring.
- Referral for other necessary services and educational opportunities.
- Link to Discharge/Aftercare Planning Services
Location of Services:
Life Skill Services are provided within YSS Residential Sites, Transitional Living, Workforce Centers and other social service provider sites, community settings and the comfort of your own home.
Assessments and services are available Monday-Friday between 8:30am-5:00pm as well as evenings and weekends with advance scheduling.
- Increased life skills
- Complete and/or further education
- Better educational performance.
- Gain and maintain employment.
- Improved relationships.
Referrals are accepted 24 hours a day/seven days a week by contacting Central Referral at 1-800-977-8918 or (304) 233-9627.
Youth Services System, Inc.
PO Box 6041
Wheeling, WV 26003-0717